"I'm Blue Da Ba Dee Da Ba Di" 🎶
I just had to okay lol major throwback!
So anyway I got these beautiful blue tassel earrings 💙 in the mail from a lovely subscriber
and I was so inspired to do a look with it.
Not to mention I was also really obsessing over Greece 💙 around the same time
so playing with my makeup I came up with this beautiful look.
If you know me you know dramatic looks as much as I love them,
I just cannot walk around all day in it.
This is a lovely look I would wear for an event or function
and I hope it brings inspiration to you next time you're in glam mode.
💙 BASE MAKEUP 💙
L'oréal Infallible Primer
L'oréal Infallible Matte Foundation (30 Honey)
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
Artist of Makeup Contour Stick (dark - I like a harsh contour when I do contour)
Essence Translucent Powder
Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Contour Palette
Morphe 9B Blush Palette
Nars Cosmetics Albatross
Kylie Cosmetics Lip-kit Candy K
Kylie Cosmetics Lip-kit Candy K
SETTING SPRAY -
L'oréal Infallible Setting Spray
💙 EYE MAKEUP 💙
The Body Shop Eyebrow Pencil (black)
EYE SHADOW -
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette
Mikyajy Indigo Trio Palette
Smudge (clicks) black liquid pen eyeliner
Mikyajy 22k Retractable black eyeliner
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Red Cherry (cannot remember which ones)
- I usually do my eyebrows very lightly because mine are naturally quite full and I don't get them shaped. So I fill them in where needed. To see my eyebrow tutorial click here.
- Now since I want this look to be sharp and clean I added some tape as you can see. This will keep the shadows from falling out and it will create a wing look.
- Prime your eyes and set it using 'Naked' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.
- Now this look is quite dramatic but drama doesn't just happen you have to build the look up.
- Using a fluffy blending brush use the shade 'Buck' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette and blend it into your crease so it becomes more defined.
- Next go on to deepen the outer corner with the shade 'Whiskey' from the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette.
- Once you're happy with how the start is coming along it's time to bring on the colour.
- Now I used the Mikyajy Indigo Trio Palette but feel free to use any deep blue shade you may have in your collection.
- Go on to pack the product onto the outer part of your eyelid, keep doing that till you have a deep blue that is blended. If you have a blue eyeliner I would go ahead and use that as a base first, blend that in and that use the eye-shadow onto for a more intense look.
- You can also use the shades 'Slanted' and 'Dagger' from the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette to make it more intense.
- Let there be shimmer!!!
- I used a mix of shades 'Side Car' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette and 'Armor' from the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette, packing it onto my eyelid and blending it with a fluffy brush so it isn't harsh.
- I don't have glitter in my collection yet, but if you do I would say for a bit more oomph add some onto of the silver eye-shadow.
- Use the shade 'Virgin' from Naked Palette to clean up under your brows.
- Peel off the tape and you can see how it creates a lovely natural wing look.
- Curl your natural lashes and pop on some mascaras.
- A tip I learn't recently is to put on your eyeliner first before putting your lashes on and than eyeliner over it. This will make your lashes look more natural than when you just put them on with liner after.
- I'm not much of an eyeliner person, but if you are I would suggest winging your eyeliner.
- Don't forget to pop on your falsies.
- This part is always a must for me, eye-shadow under my water line.
- Take the same blue you used for the outer eyelid at the bottom on a small angled brush.
- Carve out at the bottom make sure you carve a straight line to emphasis the winged shadow,
- As you get towards the corner of your of your eye do not curve along your eye shape, end it straight.
- Pop some more of the silver shadow with a hint of Nars Albatross highlight and pop into the corner of your eye.
- Blend it into the front of your eyelid as well as underneath.
I hope you liked this tutorial,
I got a lot of positive feedback on my previous tutorial and having it in this setting and not a video.
Honestly, I prefer it this way rather than a video because I feel comfortable.
Because my eyes were dramatic in blue and silver,
I had to go subtle on the lips for there to be a lovely balance.
I went for a pink/mauve colour on my lips which I think worked pretty well.